Our team leader for Data Warehousing, Ward Weistra, has been elected to the board of directors for the i2b2 tranSMART Foundation. The i2b2 tranSMART Foundation stewards the open source i2b2 tranSMART platform for data warehousing and analytics.
Inspired by the open source Apache Foundation organisational model, the ultimate power in the Foundation lies with its members. The Foundation’s members are community members who have distinguished themselves with their contribution to the platform over the years. There are currently 66 members, which include Ward Weistra and our CEO Kees van Bochove. These members elect from their midst the i2b2 tranSMART Foundation board, which steers the direction of the platform and its community.
The full list of new board members includes:
- Susanne Churchill, Harvard Medical School
- Matteo di Tommaso, Sanofi Genzyme
- Kenneth Mandl, Children’s Hospital Boston
- Griffin Weber, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, HMS
- Ward Weistra, The Hyve
They join the still serving members:
- Zak Kohane (Chairman), Harvard Medical School
- Gil Omenn, University of Michigan
- Julie Bryant, Rancho BioScience
- Paul Avillach, Harvard Medical School
- Shawn Murphy, Mass General Hospital
- Ulrich Sax, University Medical Center Gottingen Georg-August-University Germany
We congratulate the new board members and look forward to continue our active role in the open source i2b2 tranSMART Foundation.